On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I am honoured to announce the release of Twisted 15.5!
The sixth (!!) release in 2015 has quite a few goodies in it -- incrementalism is the name of the game here, and everything is just a little better than it was before. Some of the highlights of this release are:
- Python 3.5 support on POSIX was added, and Python 2.6 support was dropped. We also only support x64 Python on Windows 7 now.
- More than nine additional modules have been ported to Python 3, ranging from Twisted Web's Agent and downloadPage, twisted.python.logfile, and many others, as well as...
- twistd is ported to Python 3, and its first plugin, web, is ported.
- twisted.python.url, a new URL/IRI abstraction, has been introduced to answer the question "just what IS a URL" in Twisted, once and for all.
- NPN and ALPN support has been added to Twisted's TLS implementation, paving the way for HTTP/2.
- Conch now supports the DH group14-sha1 and group-exchange-sha256 key exchange algorithms, as well as hmac-sha2-256 and hmac-sha2-512 MAC algorithms. Conch also works nicer with newer OpenSSH implementations.
- Twisted's IRC support now has a sendCommand() method, which enables the use of sending messages with tags.
- 55+ closed tickets overall.
You can find the downloads at on PyPI (or alternatively our website) .
The NEWS file is also available at https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/twisted-15.5.0/NEWS.
Also worth noting is the two Twisted fellows -- Adi Roiban and myself -- who have been able to dedicate time to reviewing tickets and generally pushing things along in the process. We're funded by the Software Freedom Conservancy (through what is known as the "Twisted Software Foundation"), which is, in turn, funded by donators and sponsors -- potentially like you! If you would like to know how you can assist in the continued funding of the Fellowship program, see our website: https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedSoftwareFoundation#BenefitsofSponsorship
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!
Amber "Hawkie" Brown
Twisted Release Manager, Twisted Fellow