Just in time for PyCon US, this release brings a few headlining features (like the haproxy endpoint) and the continuation of the modernisation of the codebase. More Python 3, less deprecated code, what's not to like?
- twisted.protocols.haproxy.proxyEndpoint, a wrapper endpoint that gives some extra information to the wrapped protocols passed by haproxy;
- Migration of twistd and other twisted.application.app users to the new logging system (twisted.logger);
- Porting of parts of Twisted Names' server to Python 3;
- The removal of the very old MSN client code and the deprecation of the unmaintained ICQ/OSCAR client code;
- More cleanups in Conch in preparation for a Python 3 port and cleanups in HTTP code in preparation for HTTP/2 support;
- Over thirty tickets overall closed since 16.1.
You can find the downloads on PyPI (or alternatively our website). The NEWS file is also available on GitHub.
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)