- twisted.web.client.HostnameCachingHTTPSPolicy was added as a new contextFactory option. This reduces the performance overhead for making many TLS connections to the same host.
- twisted.conch.ssh.keys can now read private keys in the new "openssh-key-v1" format, introduced in OpenSSH 6.5 and made the default in OpenSSH 7.8.
- The sample code in the "Twisted Web In 60 Seconds" tutorial runs on Python 3.
- DeferredLock and DeferredSemaphore can be used as asynchronous context managers on Python 3.5+.
- twisted.internet.ssl.CertificateOptions now uses 32 random bytes instead of an MD5 hash for the ssl session identifier context.
- twisted.python.failure.Failure.getTracebackObject now returns traceback objects whose frames can be passed into traceback.print_stack for better debugging of where the exception came from.
- Much more! 20+ tickets closed overall.
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)