The highlights of this release are:
- twisted.python.url has been spun out into the new 'hyperlink' package; importing twisted.python.url is now a compatibility alias
- Initial support for OpenSSL 1.1.0.
- Fixes around the reactor DNS resolver changes in 17.1, solving all known regressions
- Deferred.asFuture and Deferred.fromFuture, to allow you to map asyncio Futures to Twisted Deferreds and vice versa, for use the with Python 3+ asyncioreactor in Twisted
- Support for TLS 1.3 ciphersuites, in advance of a released OpenSSL to enable the protocol
- Further Python 3 support in twisted.web, initial support in twisted.mail.smtp.
For more information, check the NEWS file (link provided below).
You can find the downloads on PyPI (or alternatively our website). The NEWS file is also available on GitHub.
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)