The highlights of this release include:
- A full description on the PyPI page! Check it out here: https://pypi.org/project/Twisted/19.7.0/ (and compare to the slightly sad previous version, here: https://pypi.org/project/Twisted/19.2.1/)
- twisted.test.proto_helpers has been renamed to "twisted.internet.testing"
- This removes the gross special-case carve-out where it was the only "public" API in a test module, and now the rule is that all test modules are private once again.
- Conch's SSH server now supports hmac-sha2-512.
- The XMPP server in Twisted Words will now validate certificates!
- This is a very important security fix for any twisted.words / XMPP users. (See https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9561)
- A nasty data-corruption bug in the IOCP reactor was fixed. If you're doing high-volume I/O on Windows you'll want to upgrade!
- Twisted Web no longer gives clients a traceback by default, both when you instantiate Site and when you use
twist webon the command line. You can turn this behavior back on for local development with
twist web --display-tracebacks.
- Several bugfixes and documentation fixes resolving bytes/unicode type confusion in twisted.web.
- Python 3.4 is no longer supported.
pip install -U twisted[tls]and enjoy all these enhancements today!
Thanks for using Twisted,
1: somewhat belatedly: it came out 10 days ago. Oops!