The Twisted project, via the Software Freedom Conservancy, is seeking to recruit a full-time paid maintainer. We've got a fellowship proposal
published on the wiki, but here are some highlights:
- You will be working on an open source project and your contributions will be consumed by companies such as Google, Canonical, Lucasfilm/Disney, Rackspace, and Justin.TV to name a few.
- We want to hire a full-time maintainer who will assist with the continued growth of the Twisted project.
- Thanks to the meticulous work of your predecessors, we have a clear view of what your average week would look like in terms of tasks and responsibilities (more below).
Desired qualifications in a maintainer:
- The ability to review code for suitability, stability, and clarity; to point out meritable work, and provide actionable feedback on how to improve the code when necessary.
- The ability to implement features in the Twisted library.
- A positive presence in Twisted's online community on IRC and the mailing list.
- Have familiarity with the infrastructure of the Twisted project (including trac and buildbot).
- Work to provide education or outreach on Twisted in other forums such as workshops, conferences, and user groups.
We will strongly consider someone with experience maintaining other open source projects, but with just a little Twisted experience, as long as such an applicant is passionate about and committed to becoming a Twisted expert.
During an average work week, the maintainer will distribute their work along these lines:
- Code review (55%) Review code, apply patches, and set and enforce standards for code quality. Improve documentation and code test coverage.
- Mailing list and IRC participation (10%) Encourage and participate in discussions on Twisted's mailing lists and IRC channels.
- Bug report triage (5%) Supervise Twisted's ticket workflow to ensure that bug tickets are addressed and closed.
- New feature development (30%) Serve as architect for the development and implementation of new features.
Furthermore, the Maintainer will provide a forthnightly written report of their progress to the Conservancy and the Twisted community.
Information on whom to contact in the event of your interest is provided at the bottom of the page.
We look forward to hearing from you!