I spent the majority of my time in the last half of the month, clearing the review queue, from 45 tickets when I started to a low of 19 tickets. All told, 34 tickets got some attention that they would not have received without the sponsored development. The result was 9 closed tickets and 22 other tickets unblocked for other developers to resume work on.
This work is made possible by the sponsorship of individuals and organizations which have donated to the Twisted project, part of the Software Freedom Conservancy, a not-for-profit organization that helps promote, improve, and develop open source software. Thanks!
The tickets I reviewed, that have now been closed:
- #5329: Replace deprecated string functions with str methods in t.w.p.irc
- #5894: ckeygen –changepass truncates private keys to zero bytes
- #5992: twistd dns without any options crashes when it is queried
- #5780: words: Unbound variable nickname in IRCUser for invalid user name
- #6217: iocpreactor events do not occur at the time they should
- #6220: Replace Deprecated Assertion Methods in twisted.conch
- #6328: twisted.names.client lookup functions duplicate or reference the documentation of `IResolver`
- #6499: Teach chain certificates to SSL server endpoints string syntax
- #6544: Replace usage of twisted.python.text in twisted.words
Other tickets I have reviewed:
- #2835: _pollingfile calls pauseProducing on registered Pull producers
- #2839: _pollingfile fails to call stopProducing when connection is lost
- #4353: Automate uploading pre-release tarballs
- #5001: replace call to functions from the string module in twisted.scripts.tap2deb
- #5004: replace call to functions from the string module in web
- #5387: Get rid of references and code specific to Python 2.4
- #5562: iocp reactor fails to support PB & AMP
- #5574: Add support for SOCK_DGRAM to IReactorSocket
- #5685: SMTP Client Tutorial should be self-contained
- #5795: Failure's startDebugMode should allow using a debugger other than pdb
- #6164: Returning an already-chained deferred breaks the callback chain
- #6357: LineReceiver uses O(n**2) complexity
- #6475: FileAuthority._lookup incorrectly returns AuthoritativeDomainError for non-subdomain names which happen to share the same suffix as the zone (eg the-example.com and example.com)
- #6491: test_pollingfile: producer data wrongly dropped when loseConnection() requested
- #6492: test_pollingfile: bufferEmpty sets producerPaused attribute on the producer instead of on itself
- #6493: test_pollingfile: writeSequence() doesn't pause the producer when outgoing buffer is full
- #6523: Constants HOWTO doesn’t document that constants are ordered.
- #6542: Use of map where the result is unused.
- #6543: Replace usage of twisted.python.text in twisted.conch
- #6545: Replace usage of twisted.python.text in twisted.mail
- #6546: Replace usage of twisted.python.text in twisted.lore
- #6547: Class mail.pb.MaildirBroker apparently broken and obsolete
Tickets I have worked on:
- #6301: There should be some clear documentation on how to document tests.
- #6595: twisted should provide a paste entry point, so that it can be used as a wsgi container by `paster serve`.
- #6596: twisted.application.reactors.installReactor should return the installed reactor.
- #6587: Remove out-of-place refernce to lore and howtos from coding-standard doc.