I'm happy to report that I've just completed another two weeks of sponsored Twisted development. As usual, the issue tracker directed most of my work. I spent time on new development aimed at resolving tickets and I reviewed changes proposed by other developers with that aim.
All told, 59 tickets got some attention that they would not have received without the sponsored development. The result was 36 closed tickets and 17 other tickets unblocked for other developers to resume work on. Over the coming days or weeks a few more tickets will probably be resolved as a result of this work, as developers (including myself) respond to review feedback.
This work is made possible by the sponsorship of individuals and organizations which have donated to the Twisted project, part of the Software Freedom Conservancy, a not-for-profit organization that helps promote, improve, and develop open source software. Thanks!
Apart from working to resolve tickets in the issue tracker, I also did some work on infrastructure. I:
- cleaned up our BuildBot master configuration and published it
- implemented improved error reporting for our API documentation build automation
- converted the subversion repository for the Twisted website to bzr and made it public
- moved some Windows build infrastructure to a new host with better network connectivity to try to reduce spurious build failures
For more details about a ticket, see <http://tm.tl/NNNN>.
The tickets I reviewed, with tickets now closed in bold:
And tickets I developed: