Highlights of the 185 tickets closed include:
- The poll() reactor as default where applicable, instead of select() everywhere.
- A new SSL implementation only relying on OpenSSL for cryptography, (not I/O) making it more robust.
- Several improvements to the fresh HTTP/1.1 client implementation, including proxy and cookie support.
- Thomas' personal favorite: a new howto has been published on test-driven development with Twisted.
- A new abortConnection() method for immediately closing TCP and SSL connections, the oldest ticket closed by this release.
Thanks to the supporters who have donated to Twisted via the Software Freedom Conservancy, and to the many contributors for this release! Download it now: