Twisted 16.0 brings some important changes, and some nice-to-haves as well. The major things are:
- TLS endpoints have arrived! They're like the old `ssl:` endpoints, but support faster IPv4/IPv6 connections (using HostnameEndpoint) and always do hostname verification.
- Conch now uses Cryptography instead of PyCrypto for underlying cryptographic operations. This means it'll work much better on PyPy!
- Headers objects (notably used by t.web.server.Request) now support Unicode for the vast majority of cases, encoding keys to ISO-8859-1 and values to UTF-8.
- WSGI support and AMP have been ported to Python 3, along with a handful of other modules.
- More shedding of the past, with the GTK+ 1 reactor being removed.
- Over 45 tickets have been closed since 15.5.
You can find the downloads at on PyPI (or alternatively our website). The NEWS file is also available.
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)
Twisted Release Manager