Twisted is continuing to forge ahead, with the highlights of this release being:
- twisted.positioning, the rest of twisted.internet.endpoints, KQueueReactor (for real this time), and twisted.web.proxy/guard have all been ported to Python 3.
- Trial has been ported to Python 3! This was made possible by a Python Software Foundation grant.
- Twisted officially supports several more platforms: Py3.4 on FreeBSD, Py2.7/Py3.4 on Fedora 21/22, and Py2.7 on RHEL7.
- Python 2.6 is no longer supported, and support for Debian 6, and RHEL6 has been removed because of this.
- Support for the EOL'd platforms of Fedora 17/18/19 has been removed.
- Twisted has moved to requiring setuptools for installation.
- twisted.python.failure.Failure's __repr__ now includes the exception message.
- 19 tickets in total closed!
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!
Amber "Hawkie" Brown