The highlights of this release are:
- Twisted Positioning (`twisted.positioning`) makes its entry into Twisted! It comes ready to talk with common GPS devices, and will supersede `twisted.protocols.gps`.
- A wealth of SSL/TLS improvements, including ECDHE support, TLS Service Identity (with service_identity on PyPI), a stronger default set of ciphers, and strengthening against attacks such as CRIME. A Twisted Web server with pyOpenSSL 0.14 is capable of getting an A in Qualys SSL Labs tests out of the box, and A+ with small application modifications. Twisted Agent can also now do HTTPS hostname verification.
- Python 3 improvements, including the ability for `pip install` to install all ported modules.
- Twisted Pair’s TUN/TAP support has been overhauled, with documentation and full test coverage.
- Significant documentation improvements, including more API documentation for Twisted Mail & Twisted Names, narrative documentation for Twisted Names, and a migration to Sphinx for building Twisted narrative docs.
- Support is dropped for pyOpenSSL older than 0.10 and Windows XP.
You can find the downloads at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Twisted (or alternatively http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads) .
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - we’ve got some big things landed, and if it weren’t for the support of developers (both core and occasional), the Twisted Software Foundation, or people giving feedback and filing bugs, we’d have never got it done.