The highlights of this release are:
- Twisted now includes a HostnameEndpoint implementation which uses IPv4 and IPv6 in parallel, speeding up the connection by using whichever connects first (the 'Happy Eyeballs'/RFC 6555 algorithm). (#4859)
- Improved support for Cancellable Deferreds by kaizhang, our GSoC student. (#4320, #6532, #6572, #6639)
- Improved Twisted.Mail documentation by shira, our Outreach Program for Women intern. (#6649, #6652)
- twistd now waits for the application to start successfully before exiting after daemonization. (#823)
- SSL server endpoint string descriptions now support the specification of chain certificates. (#6499)
- Over 70 closed tickets since 13.1.0.
For more information, check the NEWS file.
You can find the downloads on PyPi (or alternatively the Twisted Matrix Downloads page).
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!